Apple have recently made changes to their app store review guidelines. This relates to the types of apps they will approve and affects the event industry. Event apps fall under the category of commercialised templates, in section 4.3 of Apple’s recently updated terms and conditions.
What does this mean?
In order to future-proof and protect both Entegy and our clients from vulnerabilities caused by future ad hoc changes to the Apple and Google guidelines we have had to evolve the way we supply our event apps.
Upcoming store submissions will need to be submitted via a store account registered in your organisation’s name, as opposed to Entegy's account.
We have 4 solutions for submissions:
1 - Use the Ignite Portal Powered By Entegy
2 - Sign up for your own store account - supply us the username and password and we handle everything
3 - Sign up or invite us to your existing store account - we don't know your username and password
4 - Request unsigned builds for your in-house developers to sign and upload
Please note we can’t set up accounts on your behalf but have documented the process with a number of Knowledge articles and FAQs found below. This is our suggestion and subject to future apples guideline changes.
What's a Store Account?
Also known as a Store Profile, this is an account with the apple and google stores where your apps will be supplied for users for download. See screenshot below of where your store profile details appear on app store listing.
Benefits of your own Store Account
- No competitor listings featured in similar apps
- Your logo and name under the app listing for brand recognition
- You can manage your own account and even submit your other apps in the same account
Signing up is a straight forward process. The Google Play Store requires a one-off fee of AUD $25 to be paid upon registering. The Apple App Store requires a yearly subscription of AUD $150 to be paid; once upon registering and subsequently every 12 months for the duration you wish to have your account active.
- If you don't have a store listing already follow these 2 guides:
Applying for the Google Play Developer Console
Applying for the Apple Developer Program
- If you have a store listing - Great! Make sure you understand the different ways we can work with you to deploy apps to your account and next time we do a build, we'll work with you to make it a simple process.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any concerns or queries regarding this matter. Below are some suggested articles and FAQs to guide you through the process.
- During enrollment I received the message, "Your organisation is not listed as a legal entity." What does this mean?
- What is a D-U-N-S Number and how do I apply for one?
- What details do I need to provide in order to register?
- Where will my account name appear on the store?
- What costs are involved with registering for a developer account/s?