Preparing a Store Listing in the Core
A Store Listing is for apps which are to be submitted as a standalone within the Google Play and Apple App stores. The submission process can take a few weeks. It's best to allow four-to-five weeks to create your store account with Apple and an additional two weeks to complete the submission process prior to your App launch. App Store approval cannot be guaranteed by Entegy
To upload store listing details
- Navigate to Store Listing > Listing Details from the Navigation Menu
- Input all Required Details and any Additional Details
- Click Save
- Upload all Store Submission images (e.g. icons, feature images and splash screens)
- Click Save to complete the Store Listing
Next Steps: Approve App for submission
Required Store Listing Details
Store Listing details will need to be submitted along with your app. These details appear as part of the App listing on the Stores as outlined below. It is important to keep in mind that these details will be listed publically and should describe the App as much as possible.
Please note: these details can only be updated through a store resubmission.
Store Account that your apps will be submitted to. If you haven't linked your Apple App and Google Play Store Accounts to the Entegy Core, you will need to do so before proceeding with this article. Learn more about this process, here.
Bundle Prefix for both Stores. Acts as a unique identifier for your app. It is advised that you use the unique component of your organisations website. E.g. for www.pollen8conference.com.au we would use "pollen8conference".
App Store Title for Apple App Store (iOS) - 50 characters or less. E.g. "Pollen8 Conference Portal"
Google Play Title for the Google Play Store (Android) -30 characters or less. E.g. "Pollen8 Conference Portal"
Icon Title This appears under the app icon when installed on the attendee's device. E.g. "Pollen8"
Short Description For the android store only - 80 characters or less. E.g."The official event app portal for Pollen8"
Description A long description for both stores. 4000 character limit. E.g. "The official event app portal for Pollen8. Sponsored by BeeTec.
- Access the full event schedule, bookmark sessions and take notes
- Participate in interactive sessions with live voting and discussion
- Message other attendees and post to the activity feed
- Earn points and achievements for participation with live leaderboard
- View event map and exhibitor locations"
Design assets such as icons, splash screens and feature images will also need to be uploaded to accompany the store submission. These images help build your App and how it will be listed on the stores.
Please note: these images can only be updated through a store resubmission.
Android Icon: 1024 x 1024px with a transparent background
iOS icon: 1024 x 1024px opaque background
Android Feature: 1024 x 500px opaque background
Phone Splash: 1242 x 2689px opaque background
Smaller screens will crop splash image from top and bottom
Tablet Splash: 2048 x 1536px opaque background
Smaller screens will crop splash image from top and bottom
All assets must be supplied exactly as specified. The Core will not accept assets with any deviations from the specifications. Read more.
Assets shown in the Core
Additional Notes and Screenshots (Optional)
If you require specific or additional screenshots, you can add a request in the screenshot field. Other notes can also be left for the submission team. Note that if this field is left blank, the Entegy build team will select the most appropriate images for screenshots based on their assessment.
Google Play Letter (Optional)
You will be required to submit a Google Play letter of authorisation with an app submission in cases where your Google Play developer account is not directly associated with the content owner(s) of the app(s) you are submitting.
If the above statement is true; it is strongly recommended that you download the Google Play letter template provided and add your letter header, insert all of your details in the outlined areas, sign the letter, save the letter as a PDF and re-upload to the store listing page. This provides proof to Google that Entegy has the rights to submit the app with your content to the Google Play Store.
After filling in the details and images you can review how your app will look in the store. During the submission process, it's important this content is accurate and current, not dummy content. Approval is final. Any changes to graphics, text or screenshots will require an app store resubmission which can take up to 12 business days and may incur an additional resubmission fee.
This proof on the review page is indicative only. Due to variations across devices; colours and text formatting may not display EXACTLY as they appear in this proof. Additionally, animations and navigation may be overlaid to these graphics as indicated below. If you have requested specific screenshots for inclusion in the store, these will be reviewed by Entegy and, should they not meet Google or Apple’s store listing guidelines, will be substituted without notice.
Some common issues that cause apps to be rejected are listed below:
- Including event dates in description
- Only having dummy data in the app - real event content will need to be uploaded
- Trying to use another project in place of this one
- Description too short or vague - must include description of app’s purpose
- Doesn’t offer much functionality or content
- Incomplete content or empty pages
- Menu items link to ‘coming soon’ message
- Mentions of other operating systems
- Official rules for sweepstakes, contests, and raffles not presented in the app or made clear that Apple is not a sponsor or involved in the activity in any manner.
- Promotion or inclusion of betting or gambling
- Unprofessional design or content
- Racist or pornographic graphics or content
- Only applies to, or available to a small niche market
Next Steps: Approve your app for submission