Ensure that Attendee Connect is configured correctly:
- Make sure “Allow users to message each other” is set to “yes”
- Ensure the following is setup for your event:
- Session Pages
- Speaker Pages
- Exhibitor Pages
- Sponsors Pages
- Allow Users to post Statuses
- Require users to login before viewing
- Allow Commenting on:
- Make sure you know how to view and delete comments/posts from the Core
- Post welcome message to start discussion
- Ensure Default Achievements are created
- Ensure relevant point-related actions are selected and points allocated
- Ensure setup with
- Badge name
- Various badge lines of required text
- Text sizes and colours activated
- Linked to an icon on the main menu
- If terms or titles/icon text changed from standard wording, ensure they match to the page title/wording
- E.g. If renaming the Notifications icon to 'Reminders', ensure the Notification page is renamed to 'Reminders'
- How are delegates going to log in?
- Unique access code generated by the Core
- External reference code (e.g. staff code)
- Unique email address (this will only work if ALL email addresses are unique)
- Two of the above (e.g. email and unique access code)
- Where will delegates be prompted to log in?
- Prompt on first open of the app
- When opening Attendee Connect features (Leaderboard, Activity Feed, Profile List etc.)
- What will your default privacy settings be?
- All visible in Profile List
- All allow messaging
- All visible in list and allow messaging
- Will Privacy Settings show on first login?
- What Profile fields to include with export (Settings)
Ensure all icon text matches the title of the page (i.e. Icon: Entegy Chat → Activity Feed).
**Clear all posts, comments and points awarded before app launch**
TIP: have post-it notes or small pieces of paper onsite for people who forget their login details
Questions to ask yourself:
- How will my delegates login?
- Where will they login?
- Do my delegates know how to login?
- Do I have all the relevant information about this element and using it on the day?