This article explains how to integrate your Eventbrite event with the Entegy Core. Before starting the integration you will need to sign up to Eventbrite and create an event if you haven't already done so.
This Knowledge Base article explains how to Configure your Eventbrite Event to use with the Entegy Core.
Here are some important things you should know before getting started:
- In order to utilise the 'Automatic Sync' feature, you will need to perform the integration with an Eventbrite 'Administrator' account. Sub-users will only be able to perform 'Manual Syncs'.
- If you alter your Eventbrite account password while it is integrated with an Entegy project, the integration will be stopped and you will need to re-link your Eventbrite account to Entegy project.
To complete your Eventbrite Integration with the Entegy Core (CMS)
Log into the Core and make sure the Eventbrite event you wish to sync is active and you are the Eventbrite Account Administrator for your organisation.
If you are not the Account Administrator, you may receive the following error:
Your eventbrite account does not have the required permissions to setup webhooks.
If you don't know who your Account Administrator is, please speak with your Eventbrite salesperson.
- Navigate to Project Configuration > Integrations, select Eventbrite from Available Integrations.
- You will see the below page. Click the Connect Now button.
Note: if you receive a warning about permitting duplicate emails, read this article before proceeding.
- You will be redirected to the Eventbrite website where you will login using your Eventbrite Account created with your Event. Once logged in a message will appear, asking if you wish to allow Entegy to access your account, Click ‘ALLOW’ to proceed with integration.
NOTE: changing your Eventbrite password after your account has been connected to the Core will cause the integration to stop working.
- You will be redirected back to the Core where you will have a drop down list of your Eventbrite events. Choose the event to link.
NOTE: once an event has been linked, it cannot be unlinked or used by another project
This step will:
Bring Ticket Types across to the Core as Profile Types
Bring Order Form fields across as Profile Fields
- Default and custom questions from your chosen Eventbrite event will populate under two sections: Automatically Mapped and Manually Mapped.
Automatically Mapped fields display some default Eventbrite questions and all multiple choice custom questions that sync directly to existing Core CMS profile fields.
Manually Mapped fields are those text-based Eventbrite custom questions/fields you wish to map. To add a question/field as part of the integration, click to select and then click Add. This will move the field from the ‘Eventbrite Text Questions’ column over to your Core (CMS) project.
- You have the option to choose manual or automatic sync of data.
Automatic sync allows the Core to create Profile data instantly from the Eventbrite registration data.
- The next step asks you to choose if you would like a registration complete email sent to users from the Entegy system.
Note: this template is blank by default, there are some sample templates provided in the Knowledge Base
Registered users will also receive an email confirmation from Eventbrite. You can manage these from your Eventbrite account - Manage Order Confirmation and Emailing Attendees through Eventbrite.
- Next, decide if you would like an attendee Eventbrite ticket to be consumed upon printing. If using Onsite Printing or Kiosks for badge printing, information can be sent back to Eventbrite, stating that the badge has been printed and mark the Eventbrite ticket as ‘used’ via ‘scan’.
- Finally, you will be prompted to run an initial sync of existing users when you first setup the integration. After this, you can run a manual sync if necessary.
You have completed the Eventbrite integration.