This article explains how to integrate your Eventbrite event with the Entegy Core. Before starting the integration you will need to sign up to Eventbrite and create an event if you haven't already done so.
This Knowledge Base article explains how to Configure your Eventbrite Event to use with the Entegy Core.
Here are some important things you should know before getting started:
- In order to utilise the 'Automatic Sync' feature, you will need to perform the integration with an Eventbrite 'Administrator' account. Sub-users will only be able to perform 'Manual Syncs'.
- If you alter your Eventbrite account password while it is integrated with an Entegy project, the integration will be stopped and you will need to re-link your Eventbrite account to Entegy project.
To complete your Eventbrite Integration with the Entegy Core (CMS)
Log into the Core and make sure the Eventbrite event you wish to sync is active and you are the Eventbrite Account Administrator for your organisation.
If you are not the Account Administrator, you may receive the following error:
Your eventbrite account does not have the required permissions to setup webhooks.
If you don't know who your Account Administrator is, please speak with your Eventbrite salesperson.
- Navigate to Project Configuration > Integrations, select Eventbrite from Available Integrations.
- You will see the below page. Click the Connect Now button.
Note: if you receive a warning about permitting duplicate emails, read this article before proceeding.
- You will be redirected to the Eventbrite website where you will login using your Eventbrite Account created with your Event. Once logged in a message will appear, asking if you wish to allow Entegy to access your account, Click ‘ALLOW’ to proceed with integration.
NOTE: changing your Eventbrite password after your account has been connected to the Core will cause the integration to stop working.
- You will be redirected back to the Core where you will have a drop down list of your Eventbrite events. Choose the event to link.
NOTE: once an event has been linked, it cannot be un-linked or used by another project
This step will:
Bring Eventbrite Ticket Types across to the Core as Profile Types
Bring Eventbrite Order Form Questions/Fields across to the Core as Profile Fields
- Default and custom questions from your chosen Eventbrite event will populate under two sections: Automatically Mapped and Manually Mapped.
Automatically Mapped fields display some default Eventbrite questions/fields and all multiple choice custom questions that sync directly to existing Core CMS profile fields.
Manually Mapped fields are additional text-based Eventbrite custom questions/fields you wish to map. To add a question/field as part of the integration, click to select and then click Add. This will move the field from the ‘Eventbrite Text Questions’ column over to your Core (CMS) project.
Note: Only 10 questions/fields can be manually mapped
- You have the option to choose manual or automatic sync of data.
Automatic sync will instantly create a Core profile when a registration is completed in the Eventbrite system.
Manual sync will only create Core profiles from registration data in the Eventbrite System when manually initiated.
- The Registration Complete Email is a Core-generated email that can be setup to include download instructions and personal login details.
It is recommended this feature is set to NO until your project has been setup and the organiser has sent the initial app launch communication.
When set to YES the registration complete email will send to new registrants. This will enable last minute registrants to receive download and login instructions straight from the Core.
Notes: the Registration Complete Email template is blank by default, there is a sample template provided in the Knowledge Base
The registration complete email is in addition to the email attendees receive when they register on Eventbrite. This email can be managed from your Eventbrite account - Manage Order Confirmation and Emailing Attendees through Eventbrite.
- Next, Check In on Badge Printed can be enabled when using Kiosk Manager or Onsite Printing Software. When enabled an attendee 'check-in' status will be recorded in the Eventbrite system for each attendee badge printed.
Note: The 'check-in' status recorded in the Eventbrite system upon printing a badge is the same 'check-in' status recorded when scanning a ticket with the Eventbrite Organiser App.
- Finally, you will be prompted to run an initial sync of existing users when you first setup the integration. After this, you can run a manual sync if necessary.
You have completed the Eventbrite integration.