Timeline of promotional activities
It is recommended that an App is launched anywhere between 1 → 2 weeks + prior to an event. This time frame gives attendees time to download the App, login and explore the various features. However, if the App is launched earlier, attendees can forget about the App when the event finally comes around.
Please note; standalone Apps submitted to the Apple App or Google Play stores may take up to 10 business days to be made available for download after submission. This will need to be factored into your timeline.
Please note that while these activities are all optional, performing at least a few of these tasks is strongly advised in order to maximise attendee engagement and make the most out of your event App.
[Strongly Advised] Send EDM/communication containing details of app launch, download, login details and all other required information. Send follow-up EDM/s promoting the App. Busy people need reminding but try not to overdo it by sending too many emails.
- Ensure all relevant App information is included in any communication to attendees
- App download details
- Attendee login details
- General information about the App
Push notifications and popup messages
Schedule and queue a set of Push Notifications to promote App and/or event specific details before and during the event. The same principles can be applied to Popup Messages.
- Consider what you will use your push notifications for:
- Keynote session reminders
- Sponsored push notifications
- Important event information
- Send out a feedback form post-event
- Ensure push notifications are queued with the correct send time and date
- Check push notification categories are linked to profile types, if applicable
- Check popup messages are working in the app and are linked to the correct pages
Physical App advertisements
If you are issuing attendee’s a program booklet, consider including a page about the App and download instructions. Banners, posters and handouts can also be used to bring attention to the App.
- Has collateral about the App been designed and sent to the relevant printer?
Drive conversation by posting welcome messages and topical points of discussions within the App’s activity feed. Consider offering prizes for the highest scoring attendees. Remember to mention this element within your EDM/communication and/or activity feed.
- If applicable, include details about any prizes on offer
- Ensure attendees are made aware of Attendee Connect features and how to use them:
- Popup messages
- Included in App communication
- Page in the App with instructions
Lead Capture and Attendance Tracking
[Strongly Advised] Where applicable, send EDM/communication containing all information and details regarding both the Capture and Track Apps. Consider providing physical handouts to complement the EDM/communication during the event.
- Ensure communication regarding both Lead Capture and Attendance Track are accurate
- Check Exhibitor or Access Codes are working with the Capture App
- Check Session Access Codes are working with the Track App
Questions to ask yourself
- Do my delegates know how to download the App?
- Do my delegates know how to login?
- Do my delegates understand the various features on offer?
- Do my exhibitors know how to use Entegy Capture?