How to apply for the Apple Developer Program
This article explains how to set up your Apple App Store Account. A store account is required for Standalone App submissions.
- Determining if you are an individual or organisation and what you need to enrol
- Enrolment step through and payment
Please Note: The below steps must be completed by your organisation and are subject to change at the discretion of Apple. Please refer to Apple regarding any changes.
Step 1. Are you an Individual or an Organisation?
Firstly, you will need to establish whether you are enrolling in the program as an individual or as an organisation.
As an individual, you are the sole proprietor of your organisation. You will need an Apple ID to get started. The provision of your basic personal information, including your legal name and address is all that's required.
As an organisation, you'll need an Apple ID as well as the following:
- D-U-N-S® Number - Your organisation must possess a D-U-N-S Number so that Apple may identify your organisation's identity and legal entity status. A D-U-N-S Number is a unique nine-digit number issued by Dun & Bradstreet, widely regarded worldwide as the standard business identifier. Your organisation may already have a D-U-N-S Number. Before submitting a request application, use the D&B D-U-N-S Number Lookup tool to ensure that this isn't already the case. Otherwise, you will need to register with Dun & Bradstreet directly. Note, if you have only just registered for a D-U-N-S Number, it may take up to 14 business days to reach Apple. Please use the Apple integrated look up tool to determine if your details have successfully reached Apple.
- Legal Entity Status - Your organisation must be a legal entity so that Apple may enter into contracts with Apple. This is also a requirement of eligibility for receiving a D-U-N-S Number.
- Legal Binding Authority - As the person entering your organisation in the Apple Developer Program, you must also possess the legal authority to bind your organisation to legal agreements.
Step 2. Enrol
Click here to begin enrolment. With the page open, scroll down and click 'Start your enrolment'.
Step 3. Login using your Apple ID
If you haven't created an Apple ID already, do so here as you will be asked to sign-in using your Apple ID. Upon doing so, you will be asked to agree to Apple's terms and conditions. Be sure to read thoroughly all terms and conditions presented to you as these are legally binding agreements between your organisation and Apple.
Once you have agreed to the following terms and conditions, you will be presented with the following page. Simply click 'Join the Apple Developer Program' to continue.
You may be presented with another page, shown below -- simply scroll down the page and follow the prompts to continue.
Step 4. Provide entity type
To begin the registration process, you will need to provide the relevant entity type of the organisation you are registering for. While on this page, confirm that your Apple ID information is correct.
Step 6. Provide organisation details
You will now be asked to provide your organisation information exactly as it appears on your Dun & Bradstreet profile. This information can be found using the D&B lookup tool.
If you receive the following error message. follow the prompts using the hyperlinks provided. You may find that your D&B details are not registered with Apple which will need to be rectified.
Step 6. Review the your details and submit application
Upon entering your details, you will be asked to confirm that your details are correct and current. Please take the time to review said details before clicking submit at the bottom of the page. If your details are correct and current, the application will be accepted and the following message should be displayed.
Step 7. Finalise application and payment
Upon submitting your enrolment details you will receive an email which includes prompts to provide payment details to purchase your Apple Developer Program subscription. For both individual and organisations accounts, this is priced at AUD $150.00 per year. A full list of inclusions for this subscription can be found here.
Note, should you no longer wish to continue your subscription for a following year, any apps you have submitted to the store previously will be removed automatically. To prevent this, you will need to renew your Apple Developer Program subscription.
Upon purchasing your subscription, it may take up to three business days to verify your account.