How to set session open and close times for session group tracking
When using tracking session groups you can set scanning open and close times to permit attendee scanning prior to a scheduled session start time and session finish time.
To set session group tracking open and close times
- Navigate to Profile > Session Groups from the Navigation Menu
- Select the appropriate session group
- Navigate to the Configure tab
- Set the Start Offset (Minutes), this is the number of minutes scanning opens before the start of a session.
- Set the End Offset (Minutes), this is the number of minutes scanning closes before the end of the session.
- Click Save
Please note: The Start Offset time must not be larger than the End Offset.
Recommendation: To determine session group maximum offsets:
Start Offset = 20% of the shortest session in the session group
End Offset = 30% of the shortest session in the session group
Eg; Shortest Session = 60 mins; Start Offset = 12 mins, End Offset = 18 mins.