THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN ARCHIVED AS OF SEPTEMBER 2019. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN MAY NOT BE CURRENT. PLEASE CONTACT ENTEGY SUPPORT IF YOU REQUIRE ASSISTANCE.
How to reset a Kiosk
The Kiosk can be reset from the Kiosk application or the device it’s installed on.
Reset from the Kiosk application
- Navigate to Entegy Kiosk > Utilities > Options
- Select the appropriate option from the Options Menu
- Restore Factory Sessions: removes Resource directory that stores Kiosk IDs and config files
- Re-install Application: removes the Resource directory and reinstalls the latest version
Reset from device
You will need to remove the directories that contain the Kiosk application, log and config files.
Note: You will need to enable “Show hidden files, folders and drives” from file explorer to view some of these directories
- Navigate to File Explorer
- Click the View tab in the file explorer toolbar
- Click the Options button within the ribbon. This will open a new window Folder Options
- Click the View tab within the toolbar
- Navigate to Advanced Settings find the “Hidden files and folders” section.
- Click the radio button Show hidden files, folders and drive
- Click Apply
- Delete these file paths -
Log files - C:\ProgramData\EntegyLogData
Application files - C:\Program Files (x86)\EntegyServices
Uninstall files - C:\Program Files (x86)\EntegyUnstall. Note there may be some undisposed empty legacy directories within C:\Program Files (x86)\ [i.e. EntegyKiosk]
Config file - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\EntegyKiosk