How to create a profile type
Profile types can be used to segment profiles into groups. Five default profiles types are automatically created. These are staff, speaker, exhibitor, sponsor and attendee.
Profile types can be used to enhance other elements and increase functionality. For example, sending a target push notifications for those attending the gala dinner about the change in start time, or using smart redirects to show and hide content depending on the type of attendee.
While profile types have many uses, they are also a compulsory field required when uploading profiles.
Create a profile type
- Navigate to Project Configuration > Profiles from the Navigation Menu
- Navigate to Type and click on the drop-down arrow
- Select Edit Options
- Click the + button
- Enter the profile type name and import keywords if applicable.
- Import keywords are additional terms to the type name that will be matched when importing
- Set permissions - if this profile type is to login to an app ensure App Login is checked.
- Organiser allows the user to view all profile information within the app and moderate activity feed comments
- Price - this is used with the Registration element to calculate the cost of tickets.
- Click Save