How to generate badge links
While badges can be generated as a PDF file for pre-printing, badges can also be generated as a link. These might be useful when emailing attendees event details or creating a ticket to use at a kiosk etc.
Badge links are generated directly from the Core as a .xlxs file with other relevant attendee information. These badge links will need to have a prefix added in order for them to link
To generate badge links
- Navigate to Badge Creator > Generate Badges from the Navigation Menu
- Select relevant profile filters such as:
- Type Generate badges based on profile type
- Privacy Generate badges based on profile privacy such as 'Logged in' and 'Visible'
- Custom multiple choice fields Generate badges based on custom multiple choice text fields. Each field will create a new option on the profile filter.
- Created Before Generate badges created before a certain date and time. For example, this might be the latest profile import.
- Created After Generate badges created after a certain date and time. For example, this might be the latest profile import.
- Order By Order the generated badges by First Name, Last Name, Type etc.
- Navigate to Export Options > Short link Domain
- Ensure option selected is bdge.io/
- Click Generate Badge Links
To use generated badge links
For badge links to work, generated links need to be prefixed with ‘http://’ (e.g. http://bdge.io/9nwk3)
- Open generated .xlsx file
- Navigate to the Badge Link column
- Add ‘http://’ to the start of each link