Profile login authentication options dictate how attendees will log into the App. Organisers can control which details the users log in with. It is recommended that these settings be determined well in advance of any App launch, as they dictate how attendees access the app and what needs to be communicated to them.
There are several options for both the first and second lines of authentication listed below.
TIP: Attendees are able to personalise their login details if the option Username is selected for the first line and Password selected for the second line.
First Line (Username/Token) options:
- Username - The unique system-generated identifier that is a combination of First Name, Last Name and 4 characters e.g. John.Smith5487. Once logged in attendees can set their own username.
- Email - Email addresses must be unique for all attendees if used as a login method. This cannot not be used if you have allowed duplicate emails in Profile Field settings.
Second Line (Password) options:
- Password - A temporary password auto-generated by the Core. Attendees can then update their password on first login in, meeting the required complexity selected by the organiser from the below options. This is required if the first line is "Email"
- External Reference - A unique identifier imported into the Core from an external registration software. E.g. Staff ID, registration number, ticket number etc.
- Internal Reference - A unique identifier that is generated by the Core for each attendee. This is automatically determined when a profile is created and cannot be changed
When attendees are logging in with Username and Password, the attendee can customise these details once they’ve logged in.
When first logging in, the attendee will be prompted to change their password straight away. This password is required to meet the complexity selected by the organiser:
Password Complexity options:
- Basic - At least 4 characters
- Simple - At least 6 characters
- Medium - At Least 8 characters with one being a symbol or numerical or capital
- Secure - At least 12 characters
- Complex - At least 12 characters containing, a capital, numerical and symbol
Note: Passwords can be changed at any time through an attendee’s account settings. Passwords are not stored in the Core and must be reset by the attendee if they have forgotten.
A username is a combination of First Name, Last Name and 4 characters e.g. John.Smith5487. Attendees can personalise this username once they have logged in, through their account settings. Usernames must meet the following requirements:
- Must be between 6 and 50 characters.
- Contain only alphanumeric characters (a-z, A-Z, 0-9).
- Can also contain periods (.), dashes (-) or underscores (_), however, these cannot be used consecutively or at the start or end of a username.
Note: Usernames can be changed at any time through an attendee’s account settings. All usernames are stored in the Core and can be recovered by the organiser if required.
Next Steps: What is Login & Privacy?