Once an attendee has logged into the event App, they can be prompted to read and agree to a privacy statement provided by the organiser. This can outline how attendee data will be managed and used by the organiser.
Once this has been accepted, an attendee will automatically be prompted to update their privacy and visibility settings. These settings dictate who can view the attendee’s personal information and how it is shared.
Note: If the privacy statement is left blank, attendees will not be prompted to update their privacy settings and will default to ‘To Connections’.
Attendee Privacy Settings:
- Visible to others in app - The attendee’s name and visible profile information will appear in the profile list.
- Allow messaging - The attendee can be messaged in-app by another attendee.
- Show Email Address and Show Contact Number:
- To connections - Connections are personal attendee and exhibitor scans. When set to Connections, this will always display/share an attendee’s email address or contact number with their connection.
- Always - Always display/share the attendee’s email address or contact number
- Never - Never display/share the attendee’s email address or contact number