OnSite Printing Setup & Configuration
This guide assumes that you have already configured and uploaded your profiles within the Core. If you have not done so already, please refer to the Element | Profiles section in the Knowledge Base before continuing.
Please note: OnSite Printing works best in Google Chrome.
How to get started:
- Configure Hardware
- Install Badge Print
- Setup Badge Templates
- [If applicable] Configure Regular Expression for Badge Reference field
- Confirm OnSite Printing Settings
1. Configure Hardware
OnSite Printing requires a USB Scanner that is able to write out to the keyboard. When connected, the USB Scanner will need to be configured as the default keyboard for the device.
The following scanners are known to be best supported:
- Zebra (Motorola) DS9208
- Zebra (Motorola) DS6707
OnSite Printing is currently only compatible in Google Chrome.
2. Install Badge Print
The Badge Print software and full setup instructions can be found here, on the Knowledge Base. Badge Print is required for the OnSite Printing tool to function.
Please note: Badge Print has since replaced EntegyPrint (now deprecated). In order for the OnSite Printing tool to work, you will need to download the latest version of Badge Print.
3. Setup Badge Templates
In order to utilise the OnSite Printing feature, you will first be required to setup a Badge Template. The following guide outlines the Badge Template creation process, located here.
4. Configure Regex (Badge Reference)
If you are using an external registration platform to import attendee data and are not utilising the Entegy generated Badge Reference, you will be required to configure the Regular Expression (Regex) used to read and translate your QR Codes/Barcodes. Please refer to the following guide, located here.
5. Confirm OnSite Printing Settings
To launch OnSite Printing, navigate to Badge Creator > OnSite Printing. The OnSite Printing facilitator panel will open in an on screen overlay. To exit, click the ‘Close’ button (denoted by ‘X’) located in the top right-hand side of the screen.
There are two (2) settings you will need to configure and confirm before using OnSite Printing. These settings are as follows:
- Select Badge Template controls what badge template will be printed. This is relevant for projects where multiple badge templates are being utilised. You will need to ensure that you have selected the appropriate template for the badge(s) you want to print. Templates are configured through the Badge Creator element. A guide to setting up Badge Templates can be found here.
- On Scan controls whether or not a badge is printed immediately, or upon confirmation when scanned. Note that this will not affect badges being printed directly through the OnSite Printing facilitator panel (Core).