THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN ARCHIVED AS OF SEPTEMBER 2019. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN MAY NOT BE CURRENT. PLEASE CONTACT ENTEGY SUPPORT IF YOU REQUIRE ASSISTANCE.
How to rotate badge assets
Assets on your badge include images, text, QR codes etc. These assets may need to be rotated in the badge design to meet printing requirements or to generally match a badge design.
Particularly when using butterfly stock, it is important to rotate the assets on your badge, so they will display correctly when the badge is folded in half. For example, if displaying First Name on both sides, this will need to be rotated 180 degrees on one side. This will ensure the text is readable when the badge is folded in half.
To rotate badge assets:
- Navigate to Badge Creator > Templates from the Navigation Menu
- Select an existing badge template from the list
- Hover over the + and select an asset from the list (e.g. Text Box)
- Enter the required details
- Navigate to Rotate by and select from the following options:
- 0 degrees - this will leave the asset in its original form with no rotation
- 90 degrees - rotate the asset 90 degrees clockwise from its original rotation of 0 degrees
- 180 degrees - rotate the asset 180 degrees clockwise from its original rotation of 0 degrees
- 270 degrees - rotate the asset 270 degrees clockwise from its original rotation of 0 degrees
- Click Save
Asset rotation restrictions
While assets such as text boxes, images and profile images can all be rotated, there are some assets which cannot be rotated:
- QR Code - it does not matter what orientation the QR Code is in - it will scan
- PDF Background - if you are wanting to rotate the PDF background, this will need to be part of your original design and part of the PDF
- Colour Block - this can be overcome by changing the shape of the block by clicking and dragging