How to test your Badges and QR codes
You will need to test your Badge Creator features and QR codes before your event.
Firstly this will ensure you know how your Badges print and that your QR codes work. Secondly, testing prior to your event will ensure you have adequate time to make support enquiries.
To test your badge design/dynamic content
- Navigate to Badge Creator > Generate Badges from the Navigation Menu
- Set Export Options:
- Select Badge Select the relevant badge template
- Bleed Check with your printer to ensure the badges are generated with the correct bleed. This will default to 5mm.
- Use Crop Marks Check with your printer to ensure the badges are generated to their specifications. This will default to Yes.
- Click Generate to export all badges
- Scroll through badges to ensure dynamic content and design are populating correctly
- Save badges as PDF file
To test your QR codes
If using Lead Capture, click here for steps to test QR codes for Lead Capture
If using Attendance Tracking, click here for steps to test QR codes for Attendance Tracking
- Open the app and login to a profile
- Open the QR Scanner on the event app (if you don’t have a QR scanner in the app, click here to learn more)
- Hold the device 20cm away from the badge to scan
- If scanned correctly, the app will then display the relevant attendee’s profile in the app