OBS is a broadcasting software that can be used to easily stream both live video and audio, but also other images or screens.
As the Event Organiser, you are responsible for configuring the behind the scenes settings to ensure the session will run smoothly during the event. You will need to:
- Create a Live stream in MUX
- Input MUX Stream URL into the Entegy CMS for session
- Share the MUX Details with Session Facilitators and Session Speakers
Create a Live Stream in MUX
MUX converts the Zoom meeting video to the required form for live streaming. A new Live Stream must be created in MUX for every session you wish to have Live Streaming for.
To create a live stream in MUX:
- Login to MUX (If using another platform, the steps must be similar on different platforms)
- Select Live Streams from the left-hand menu bar
- Click on Create New Live Stream
- Copy the below script and paste it into the POST body editor and click Run Request
Note: This reduces the latency or streaming delay to enhance the real-time experience. It is not required for Live Streaming to function but is recommended for better performance.
- Click on View Live Stream
- Copy the 3 values as shown below from the newly created live stream
- RTMP URL (Please select the secure URL is available)
- Stream Key
- Playback ID URL
Input MUX Stream URL into the Entegy CMS for session
Each session that has Live Streaming, will require the Stream URL added to the session. This will allow the session to display the Live Stream and embed this into the Interactive Sessions interface.
Each session will have a unique Stream URL from MUX.
To input the Stream URL into the CMS:
- Navigate to the relevant session
- Navigate to Live Streaming Provider Link and input the MUX Playback ID URL
- Navigate to Live Streaming Provider Type and select the relevant option from the drop-down menu
- HLS - takes a HTTP Live Streaming URL - eg Mux or anything similar
- Iframe Partial View - put the stream into an iframe at the top of the page that scrolls with the session info (e.g. Vimeo, Zoom)
- Iframe Full view - put the stream into a frame that takes up the whole left part and doesn't show any session info (e.g., Zoom).
- External Link - a link at the top of the session to open in a new window. (E.g. Could create a zoom link that opens in the native Zoom application).
- Click Save
To configure the Session Live Streaming:
- Navigate to Project Configuration > Schedule from the Navigation Menu
- Select the Session Settings tab
- Navigate to How to open streaming links - WebApp Only
- Select Current Window - Stream with Interactive Sessions from the drop-down menu
- Click Save
Share the MUX Details with Session Facilitators and Session Speakers
Once MUX and the Entegy CMS have been configured, the final step is to share the Stream Key and Stream URL with the Session Facilitator or Speaker. The Session Facilitator or Speaker will be required to configure OBS and create the various scenes in OBS to run and manage the session.
You must pass on the RTMP URL and Stream Key from MUX.
Each unique session will require a unique set of credentials from MUX.