This guide walks you through the steps involved with setting up an Interactive Session with a pre-recorded video embedded for streaming. This could ideally be used to demo an embedded pre-recorded video for presentation.
As the Event Organiser, you are responsible for configuring the behind the scenes settings to ensure the session will run smoothly during the event. You will need to:
- Video file uploaded online with a direct link (e.g. www.entegy.com.au/video.mp4)
- Create an asset in MUX with the direct link
- Input MUX Stream URL into the Entegy CMS for session
Upload Video to MUX via Direct Link
If the pre-recorded video already exists online via a direct link, this can be uploaded to MUX to create a live stream copy of this video to embed in the Entegy CMS.
To create an asset in MUX
- Login to MUX
- Select Assets from the left-hand menu bar
- Click Create New Asset
- Update the POST Body editor with the direct link for the video file uploaded in the input section
- Click Run Request
- Copy the Playback ID URL from the Asset List page
Input MUX Stream URL into the Entegy CMS for session
Each session that has Live Streaming, will require the Stream URL added to the session. This will allow the session to display the Live Stream and embed this into the Interactive Sessions interface.
Please note: Each session will have a unique Stream URL from MUX.
To input the Stream URL into the CMS:
- Navigate to Content from the Navigation Menu
- Navigate to the Schedule and relevant session
- Scroll down to Live Streaming Provider Link and input the MUX Playback ID URL
- Click Save
To configure the Session Live Streaming:
- Navigate to Project Configuration > Schedule from the Navigation Menu
- Select the Session Settings tab
- Navigate to How to open streaming links - WebApp Only
- Select Current Window - Stream with Interactive Sessions from the drop-down menu
- Click Save
*OPTIONAL* Start Streaming
The Session Facilitator can manage the Interactive Sessions Facilitator Panel to moderate the Interactive Session features. Once the Session Facilitator is ready the session can be made live to enable the attendees to view the session through web app.