This article is a walk-through for designers and production staff, to make the most of your badge design in the badge creator.
In your design software
- Create the general layout for the badge at the desired size. Common sizes include A6 (105 x 148.5mm) or Kiosk Stock (100 x 152mm). Recommended bleed is 3mm.
Usually, event badges will include some or all of the following elements/information:
- Event branding
- Sponsor logo
- First and last name
IMPORTANT: All variable data text must use a font available in the Core’s online badge generator. See the list of fonts here
- Position and organisation
- QR code (min 30mm high)
IMPORTANT: QR codes must be set on a high contrasting background which is lighter than the code. Reversed QR codes will not scan correctly. Eg. A code maybe royal blue on white but not white on royal blue.
- Attendee type (often attendee type is shown both in text and a prominent colour bar for fast visual identification by event staff)
- Attendance of optional events/activities such as Gala Dinner, Networking Functions or Workshops (This can be plain text or an icon read more about icons)
- A guide version (with all placeholders for the variable data included).
This will be used as a guide when positioning elements in the Core
- A blank version (with only the background elements)
This will replace the guide version once setup is completed
Next Steps: Create a badge template in the Core
All assets must be supplied exactly as specified. The Core will not accept assets with any deviations from the specifications. Read more.