Table of Contents:
- How can I make updates to my store listing, portal, standalone app?
- Which event app deployment option is right for me?
- Can I submit my own app? What submission options do I have?
- Can we un-invite you or change the password after submitting the build?
- What costs are involved with registering for a developer account/s?
- What is a D-U-N-S Number and how do I apply for one?
- During enrollment I received the message, "Your organisation is not listed as a legal entity." What does this mean?
- Will I own the app/s listed under my store profile?
- What are the common reasons for app store rejections?
- I have noticed an error in my store listing. How can I fix this?
- Is it possible to receive status updates for my app submission?
- I want to provide my own screenshots. What is required?
- How much content should I have in my app for submission?
- Can I transfer an app from one organisation account to another?
FAQ: How can I make updates to my store listing, portal, standalone app?
Resubmissions that occur in a short period of time after an app's initial submission will incur an additional fee of AUD $300 excl. GST. For resubmissions where a change of mind has occurred or a mistake has been made when providing assets or details, we will charge this fee. This fee does not apply to resubmissions which are required to fix issues with the source or to provide necessary feature updates.
Request an update to your app/store listing
- Navigate to Store Listing from the Navigation Menu
- Click Revise Build Status from the right-hand options
- Click Request an update from the list of options and agree to the terms presented
- Click Save
- Make all changes to your store listing details and/or assets as required
When you are finished making changes, you will need to approve your store listing.
FAQ: Which event app deployment option is right for me?
FAQ: Can I submit my own app? What submission options do I have?
A: If you have opted to host your own app instead of using an Entegy or affiliated distributor provided portal(s), see the figure below to understand and decide on the best submission option for your organisation. Once you have chosen the submission type you wish to pursue, follow the steps provided.
Option 1 - strongly advised
- Invite Entegy as an Admin to your Apple App Store developer team and iTunes Connect.
- Invite Entegy as a Release Manager to your Google Play developer team.
- Individual accounts are not eligible for this option.
- Entegy to provide organisation with .APK and .IPA bundles of app build for self-submission.
- The upload process is not directly supported by Entegy. Entegy Labs is available to assist at a fee.
- It is recommended that a trusted and experienced developer handle this process.
- A computer with macOS and Xcode equipped are required to complete this process.
- Entegy will not provide the Entegy Suite source code to clients/partners.
FAQ: Can we un-invite you or change the password after submitting the build?
A: Yes, you can change your passwords freely without affecting our ability to process new builds or update existing. However, if you choose to un-invite Entegy from your developer teams it will affect our ability to update any apps submitted under your store listing, preventing us from fixing any critical bugs, security updates and providing new features which would usually be handled automatically.
FAQ: What costs are involved with registering for a developer account/s?
A: The costs associated with registering for a developer account vary between the Apple App and Google Play Stores.
The Google Play Store requires a one-off fee of USD $25 to be paid upon registering.
The Apple App Store requires a yearly subscription of AUD $150 to be paid; once upon registering and subsequently every 12 months for the duration you wish to have your account active.
The payment of relevant developer fees falls to the applying organisation.
FAQ: What is a D-U-N-S Number and how do I apply for one?
A: A Dun's & Bradstreet Number, or D-U-N-S Number for short, is a unique nine-digit identification code attributed to an organisation and each physical location where business is conducted. It is used to establish a business's credit file for universal recognition. In order to register for Apple's Developer Program, your organisation must possess a D-U-N-S Number so that Apple may identify your organisation's identity and legal entity status.
Your organisation may already have a D-U-N-S Number. Before submitting a request application, use the D&B D-U-N-S Number Lookup tool to ensure that this isn't already the case. Otherwise, you will need to register with Dun & Bradstreet directly. Note, it is advised that you follow the Apple Developer Program prompts to secure a more timely response, closer to five business days.
Should your business be registered with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), the D-U-N-S Number registration will processed significantly quicker. Be sure to provide your organisation's ASIC details upon registering with Dun's & Bradstreet to ensure a faster turnaround on your application.
FAQ: During enrollment, I received the message, "Your organisation is not listed as a legal entity." What does this mean?
A: The business you entered is either listed in the D&B database with a different legal status (e.g., sole proprietorship), or its legal status has not been verified. In order to rectify this, you will need to update your D&B details with D&B directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete business registration documents are required to verify your organization's legal status. For more information, refer to the following article.
FAQ: Will I own the app/s listed under my store profile?
A: No. While the app will be listed under your Apple App and Google Play store profile, Entegy Suite technology is the Intellectual Property of Union Lane Group and offers access to the software via a non-exclusive, non transferable licence agreement only.
FAQ: What are the common reasons for app store rejections?
A: The following is a list of common reasons for app rejections on both the Apple App and Google Play Stores.
- Including event dates in description
- Only having dummy data in the app - real event content will need to be uploaded
- The app or content being submitted does not belong to the developer account being used, i.e. Entegy attempting to submit an app branded to Porsche
- Description too short or vague - must include description of app’s purpose
- Doesn’t offer much functionality or content
- Incomplete content or empty pages
- Menu items link to ‘coming soon’ message
- Mentions of other operating systems
- Official rules for sweepstakes, contests, and raffles not presented in the app or made clear that Apple is not a sponsor or involved in the activity in any manner.
- Promotion or inclusion of betting or gambling
- Unprofessional design or content
- Racist or pornographic graphics or content
- Only applies to, or available to a small niche market
FAQ: I have noticed an error in my store listing. How can I fix this?
A: If store listing is live in stores or processing:
In order to make alterations to your store listing on either platform, this will require a resubmission. Mistakes found to be made by the submitting party will be charged a fee of AUD $300 excl. GST. Please ensure that all details and assets being submitted to a store listing are correct and current at time of approval.
If you believe that the error has been made by Entegy or Google/Apple, please contact us to discuss.
If store listing is pending submission:
If your store listing has not yet been submitted and is in the queue, please withdraw your approval from the CMS and contact the Entegy build team immediately on +61 7 3169 2355 or at email@example.com.
FAQ: Is it possible to receive status updates for my app submission?
A: Yes! The Entegy build team will send email updates relating to the status of your app submission. Your nominated client contact will also receive these updates, on top of automated status updates from both the Google Play and Apple App Stores.
If you have not been receiving these emails, please check your spam folder and consider whitelisting firstname.lastname@example.org. If the issue persists, please contact us.
The current status update emails are sent by the Entegy build team:
- Recent app submission unsuccessful. Entegy has rejected your store listing; reasons provided along with appropriate course of correction.
- Recent app submission successful. Entegy has approved your store listing; your store listing will soon be in-review with the app stores.
- App Store Listing In-Review. Both Apple and Google Play are now reviewing your app.
- App Store Listing Accepted. Both Apple and Google Play have accepted your app. Congratulations!
- App Store Listing Rejected. Apple and/or Google Play have rejected your app. Entegy will attempt to solve the rejection. Otherwise, reasons provided with a advised course of rejection.
FAQ: I want to provide my own screenshots. What is required?
A: Please note that updating screenshots on both the Google Play and Apple App Stores will require a complete app resubmission. Please provide your screenshots in a zip/compressed folder to your Partner Success contact before altering the status of your project to pending update.
Screenshots must showcase the current design and functionality of the app available in stores.
Apple App Store Screenshot Specifications:
- Minimum 3x screenshots captured on 5.5" device (e.g. iPhone 8 Plus) with new design [1242 x 2208 px].
- Min. 3x screenshots captured on 6.5" device (e.g. iPhone Xs Max) with new design [1242 x 2688 px].
- Min. 3x screenshots captured on 12.9" device (e.g. iPad Pro 2nd Gen) with new design [2732 x 2048 px].
- Min. 3x screenshots captured on 12.9" device (e.g. iPad Pro 3rd Gen) with new design [2732 x 2048 px].
Note: Apple now allows for up to 10 screenshots to be provided for each device type, allowing up to a total of 40 screenshots
Google Play Store Screenshot Specifications:
To publish your Store Listing, you must provide a minimum of 2 screenshots for both phone and tablet devices. The guidelines are as follows:
- JPEG or 24-bit PNG (no alpha)
- Minimum dimension: 320px
- Maximum dimension: 3840px
- The maximum dimension of your screenshot can't be more than twice as long as the minimum dimension.
- 16:9 aspect ratio (landscape)
FAQ: How much content should I have in my app for submission?
A: To help ensure your standalone app is accepted onto the Apple and Google Play stores, the app will need to avoid some common issues that cause apps to be rejected. Entegy’s recommendations allow, not only the Entegy Builds team, but both Apple and Google to easily access and review your app for submission.
Below is a recommended setup for your app content and setup.
Suggested app setup:
A minimum of 6 content icons (excl. Feature icons such as Profile List, MyEvent, Leaderboard, etc). Suggested Icons:
- Notifications (with ‘Welcome to the XX event’ notification)
- Feedback Form (anonymous submission only)
Some further considerations:
- Content behind each icon - no empty pages
- Menu items must not link to ‘coming soon’ message
- Completed app design and colours
- App Access Type: Public Access - no profile login
- Set a primary project if the App is a portal
Please note any reference to profiles or logging in may cause the app to be rejected and slow down the submission process.
FAQ: Can I transfer an app from one organisation account to another?
A: Yes. It is possible to transfer an app from one organisation's store account to another. The following steps need to be completed for both the Apple and Google Play Stores.
We require your:
- Team Agent’s Apple ID
- Team ID
Team Agent’s Apple ID
- Login to https://developer.apple.com/account/
- Click People on the left menu
- The Team Agent’s Apple ID is the email address listed under Agent
- Login to https://developer.apple.com/account/
- Click Membership on the left menu
The Team ID is listed
Entegy will then submit the transfer request. You will receive an email telling you to go to iTunes Connect to complete the process.
Complete the Transfer (after providing details to Entegy and receiving transfer request)
- Login to iTunes Connect
- You will see a notice at the top of the page
- Click Agreements, Tax, and Banking
- Under Transfer Agreements, click Review next to the app you requested the transfer for
- Enter the following details in the form:
- New App Metadata:
- App Review Contact Information:
- Under App Store Contact Information:
- New App Metadata:
- Read and accept the Application Transfer Agreement and click Accept
The transfer process is now complete and the app is available from your App Store account.
We require your:
- Google Play developer name
- Google Play email address
- Transaction ID for the purchase of your Google Play Developer Account
Google Play developer name
- Login to https://play.google.com/apps/publish/
- Click Settings in the left menu
- Click Account Details under Developer Account in the left menu
- The Developer name is the first field
Google Play email address
- The email address you use to login to Google Play Console
- Login to https://payments.google.com/payments
- Under Other purchase activity, click View Purchases
- Click the transaction for “Google Play”
- The Transaction ID is listed in the right side panel
Entegy will then submit the transfer request. The transfer process will now be handled by Google and the app will appear in your account after it is complete. This can take up to 2 business days.