Table of contents:
- What do you intend to scan at your event?
- What is the best browser to use for Onsite Printing?
- Are there any keyboard shortcuts to make it easier?
- What scanners do you recommend?
- What printers do you recommend?
FAQ: What do you intend to scan at your event?
A: It is important to confirm what you intend to scan at your event to ensure the Core is configured correctly for your badges / tickets / QR codes / Barcodes
Printed Entegy badges - Will you be scanning badges created in the Core with Badge Creator?
Badges with unique attendee QR codes can be designed in the Core and generated to be printed pre-event. Alternatively, these badges can be printed onsite through the Kiosk Manager element. By default, badges generated in the Core will use Entegy QR codes. Learn more about the Badge Creator here.
In-app badges - Will you be scanning in-app badges?
As part of the App element, an in-app badge containing their unique QR code can be added to the App Main Menu. The QR code on the in-app badge is the same as the QR included on the printed badge and can be used the same way the physical badge would. Learn more about in-app badges here.
Badges / Tickets from external registration systems - Will you be scanning a QR Code or Barcode on tickets or badges from an external system?
QR codes and barcodes from external systems are supported in the Core. Third-party registration systems can send out tickets containing essential event information and a unique QR code or barcode, that will be readable during the event.
When working with external registration systems you will need to:
FAQ: What is the best browser to use for Onsite Printing?
A: It is recommended to use FireFox for the best Onsite Printing experience.
FAQ: Are there any keyboard shortcuts to make it easier?
A: Yes - there are some keyboard shortcuts for Onsite Printing:
- You can jump between both Scan Mode and Search Mode using the ‘Esc’ key. If you are currently performing a search you may need to press the ‘Esc’ twice.
- While in Search Mode you can use the Up and Down directional arrows on your keyboard to scroll through the list of profiles.
- Once you have selected the profile you wish to print you can hit the Enter/Return key to print the badge for that profile.
FAQ: What scanners do you recommend?
A: Your scanner needs to be able to emulate a standard Keyboard. Most scanners (handheld) default to this.
Check your scanner documentation for more information.
FAQ: What printers do you recommend?
A: Entegy does not recommend any specific printers for Onsite Printing.
However, your printer needs to be accessible via the standard Windows Printer functionality and be accessible to your web browser.
Some label printers may only work with their own proprietary third-party software, and may not be accessible to other applications such as your web browser. Please check your printer documentation to confirm.