How to import profile data
As well as being able to manually create profiles from within the Core you are also able to import profiles from a single .xlsx document.
If you profiles are being updated, it is recommended that a snapshot of the profile data be taken before uploading new data.
Tip: It is recommended that your profile list has a unique identifier for every upload, such as a unique email address or external reference. This will make profile updating easier.
To import profile data
- Navigate to Profiles > Bulk Import Profiles from the Navigation Menu
- Click Choose File and select your desired .xlsx document
- Select a Reference Field from the drop-down menu to confirm your upload method
- New Records Only A new record will be created in the Core for each attendee on the list
- External Reference Option used for updating profiles. It is a unique code generated by any other system to identify profiles (e.g. registration number)
- Internal Reference Option used for updating profiles. A unique code generated by the Core. Existing profiles will need to be exported from the Core to obtain this code
- Email Option used for updating profiles. Can only be used when emails are unique for all profiles
- Assign each column to the corresponding Core field name using the drop-downs
- Ensure required field being imported (First Name, Last Name and [Profile] Type)
- Click Validate
- If the validation is successful and the profiles are ready to be imported, click Import
If an error is detected, the popup will say that an error has been found in the data, and all affected cells will now be red. Also in the Error Output box below the importer, a list of errors will appear (see below).
From here, you need only rectify the incorrectly formatted cells and attempt the upload process again until successful.