The event app can be configured to incorporate signup as a login method, allowing attendees to download your event app and register before having access to the app.
There are three (3) steps to configure in-app signup:
- Configure In-app Registration Form
- Configure Registration Complete Email *optional*
- Enable In-app Signup Form
Configure In-app Registration Form
Firstly, a registration form must be setup to incorporate all the attendee information you wish to capture at registration. This might include any custom profile fields or basic information such as organisation/position.
To create a registration form
- Navigate to Registration > Form Setup from the Navigation Menu
- Click Create a Registration Form from the right-hand options
Configure Registration Complete Email
Upon registering in-app, attendees can receive an email with their login details and further information about the event app.
By default, the template for this email is blank and must be populated prior to launching your in-app signup form.
This is an optional step and is not required.
Refer to the Email Templates for some examples.
Enable In-app Signup Form
Once created, and the registration complete email template configured (optional), the form must then be enabled as a login method.
When in-app signup is enabled, the login option will always remain visible. This will allow attendees to log back into the event app if they happen to log out, or need to login on another device.
To enable in-app signup
- Navigate to Project Configuration > Profiles from the Navigation Menu
- Click the Login & Privacy tab
- Navigate to Login Options > In-app Registration Form
- Select your In-App Registration form from the drop-down
- *Optional* Navigate to Login Focus and select Register Focus from the drop-down
- This will ensure attendees see the 'Register Now' button when they first open the app, instead of the Login Option
- Click Save
- Navigate to Project Configuration > Project from the Navigation Menu
- Navigate to Access Type and select Profile Login from the drop-down menu
- Click Save