THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN ARCHIVED AS OF SEPTEMBER 2019. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN MAY NOT BE CURRENT. PLEASE CONTACT ENTEGY SUPPORT IF YOU REQUIRE ASSISTANCE.
How to create an external content page
The external content page type is used to directly access content such as websites, PDFs, videos hosted online or Youtube videos.
Please note: If you have multiple website or videos, a new page will need to be created for each.
To create an external content page
- Navigate to Content from the Navigation Menu
- Click Create a New Page from the right-hand options
- Select External Content from the list of page types
- Add a menu icon (optional)*
- Click Create
- Enter a Title
- Select the type of external content from the drop-down menu
- Website (Opens in app): A website will open in the shell of the app. This is used when organisers wish to keep their attendees inside the app. Please note: Media-rich websites are best opened in Chrome/Safari.
- Website (Opens in Chrome / Safari): Website will open in the default browser for the device (Chrome/Safari) outside the app. Please note: Media-rich websites are best opened in Chrome/Safari.
- PDF: URL to a PDF hosted somewhere online. This must include the format extension. E.g. document.pdf.
- Direct Video: URL to a video hosted somewhere online. This must include the format extension. E.g. video.mp4.
- Youtube (Full URL): URL directing to a specific Youtube video. This must include the full URL.
- Click Save
*Add a menu icon step is optional. Icons can also be linked to an App main menu from App Element in the Core