In some cases, you may want to duplicate an Email template rather than create another from scratch. The easiest way to do this is by importing the email code from one template into another.
This import method can also be used to copy an email template into a system email template such as a Registration Complete Email to ensure consistent communication to attendees.
To duplicate an email template:
- Navigate to Email Campaigns > Email Templates from the Navigation Menu
- Select the email template you wish to copy
- Click 'View Code' from the top menu bar
- Select all MJML text and copy this text
- Navigate to the new Email Template you wish to create the copy in
- Click 'Import Code' and paste the MJML text
- Click Import
- Click Save
- Refresh the page
If you are importing an email template from an Email Campaign into a System Email, such as Registration Complete, you may end up with 2 header images (1 from the import and another from the existing template). The imported header image will need to be deleted.
System email template headers are controlled by the Email Design header image, rather than adding your own header in the template itself.