How to Setup Kiosk Scanner
- Connect scanner to the device.
- Download the correct driver and technical documentation from the manufacturers website.
- Run the driver installation as per the instructions.
To ensure the scanner can communicate with the Kiosk software the scanner needs to be visible through a COM (Communication port) on windows.
- To check that the connection is made [Windows]: Open Device Manager - Control Panel\Hardware and Sound under Devices and Printers select Device Manager. Navigate to Ports (COM & LPT) and check if the scanner name is visible [Note: This connection will be made on any port name with the exception to COM1 which is always reserved by the OS].
- To check that the connection is made [Kiosk Launcher]: Open Kiosk Launcher select Settings\Scanner. If the device is connected correctly information about the device is displayed.
If the connection is not visible on a COM port then refer to manufacturers technical documentation. The method for making a connection is usually by scanning a 'COM/Serial Port' barcode supplied by the manufacturer.
Please note: If you are checking the connection through the Kiosk Launcher click the refresh button in the scanner panel after you have tried the connection method.