Download Kiosk Launcher V2
Download EntegyInstaller from: https://assets.entegy.com.au/kioskbuildassets/EntegyInstaller.exe
How to install a Kiosk
This article is a guide to setting up a Windows 10 PC (Eg: Surface Tablet) with the required software to run an Entegy Kiosk.
- Kiosk Installer Software: for initial setup of the Kiosk Application
- Windows PC settings recommended - these settings are recommended to ensure the Kiosk Application runs without interruption.
Dependencies - Some PC's may not contain required redistributables, we recommend these are downloaded and installed before you launch Kiosk for the first time.
Unzip the contents, and run (2 exe in each)
Entegy does not recommend any specific printers for Kiosk, your printer just needs to be accessible via the standard Windows Printer functionality - and be accessible to the Kiosk Application.
Please note: Some Label printers may only work with third-party software, and may not be accessible to other applications such as Kiosk Manager - please check your printer documentation to confirm.
The scanner used with Kiosk Manager needs to configured for USB Serial - the scanner is set to emulate a regular RS232-based COM Port even though it will be connected via the standard USB Port. Most fixed mount scanners should support this (as opposed to standard trigger scanners which may not support this).
Please check your scanner documentation (scanner modes can usually be changed from keyboard emulation to Virtual COM port by scanning either a barcode or a QR Code shown in the documentation).
Recommended Settings for your PC
As this is a self-contained Kiosk that is publically accessible to attendees at your event, it is recommended to update your computer settings to avoid onsite headaches such as Windows updates, notifications etc.
Close all applications
- Open the task manager and close all other applications before starting the Kiosk
- Swipe in from the right of the screen. Select All Settings > System > Power & Sleep
- Change both settings to Never.
- Swipe in from the right of the screen. Select All Settings > Notifications and Actions
- Turn off the following:
- Show me tips about windows
- Show app notifications
- Show notifications on the lock screen
- Show alarms, reminders and incoming VOIP calls on the lock screen
Advanced Wireless Setup
- Choose the wireless network you’re connecting to.
- Enter the password for the network
- Do not press the enter key. Instead, tap next.
- The next panel should show a message of “Do you want to allow your PC to be discoverable…..” Tap on No
- Once done, click on the wireless/local network icon in the taskbar
- Tap on Network Settings
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and tap on Advanced Options
- Under Metered connection, toggle the Set as metered connection option to On, if available.
- This will prevent windows updates from occurring.
Deferring Windows Updates
- Swipe in from the right
- Click on Update & Security
- At the bottom of the Windows Update tab is Advanced Options, tap on it
- In Advanced Options tap on Defer upgrades
- It’s recommended to Install any available updates now to prevent them from installing at a later date. I.E. during the event.
Surface touch keyboard disable
- Press the Windows key
- Type "services," and press Enter
- Scroll down to "Touch screen keyboard and handwriting panel"
- You can either right click and "Stop" or you can double-click and change it from "Automatic" startup to "Manual."
- Open Kiosk from desktop to run the Launcher
- Refer to Kiosk applications and options for Launcher details